Ramblings

Alone, I stand
Looking ahead, and back
Trails travelled and unknown.
Behind are the woods - wistful, grateful, sorrowful
can't just leave them behind, can I?
And yet, the sky ahead is turquoise.
A blissful wind slaps my cheeks,
the sun burns me a rich brown.
It stings... and feels alive.
What is it at the horizon?
A gathering storm, I must say,
as I get drawn towards its.
Crazy?
Ah... yes. Passion is crazy.
Being alive is being crazy.
Being happy is being crazy.
I laugh, and move ahead
as the tear drops behind...

Comments

  1. Dear Anu,
    Excellent poetry,
    I was near the south cost of England and had visited 'Isle of Wight'the vast stretch of sea land and sky was just what you have described in your poem.
    I would love to see more of such poems in future.
    Thanks,
    Dhyannistha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Dhyannishtha. Will definitely try and come up with more poems, like in the past :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is this Home?

Speaking of dropping names...

I don't find that funny